Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Girls' Best Friends - Pink and Sparkles!

Okay, so this post should have gone up yesterday...but it's been a hectic week.  My year end is last day of March and I have so much to do.  I know it seems like far away but in business days...eep, it's really not!

Anyhow, this is a quick post of a little haul from later summer. :)  We like to head to a small town about 30 minutes outside of Winnipeg called Selkirk.  They have a Walmart there and we sometimes pop in to browse around.  Always money burning holes in pockets. :P  Anyways, this is what I picked up. Well, my DH picked out the lipstick.  Prepare to be shocked!

I grabbed the essie luxeffects in a cut above. It's one of those polishes that I've picked up many a times and put back.  So, finally that day I grabbed it.  I wanted the whole luxeffects collection anyways. :P  You know...hoarder tendencies! haah!  I love that the polish has 3 or 4 sizes of glitter. There is at least 3 sizes of hex and the tiniest ones are obviously just little round specks.  It is really pretty! :)  I wonder what colour a cut above will look good on top of?!

This next item was totally frivolous and overpriced.  It is the Anabelle Glitterama in Purple Zone. I say it's overpriced because I think it was $5 or $6.  I have no idea why I had to have it.  Probably because it was purple and sparkly.  I've only used it once in fall I believe.  Today it is completely dried out and it seems the liquid has vanished by reverse osmosis!!! No lie...it's weird.  I don't recommend you waste your money on this!

It does have a lot of nice sparkles, mainly in pink and purple.

It was really hard to swatch as you can't get a straight line.  I had to dab and dab to get some sparkles off..so that's all you get.  It does look pretty...but not for an old lady like me.  I'll stick to my glitter shadows and fine glitter liners. :P

The last item, is a Maybelline COLORsensational lipstick in 140 Fuchsia Fever. Maybelline COLORsensational lipsticks are my favourite. They are so moisturizing and the colour payoff is amazing.  They don't feel tacky and they don't bleed.  This brand was kind of my first foray back into lipsticks with the encouragement of my DH.  Anyways...the labels don't always accurately depict what the colour is inside...

...or do they!??! LOL.  BAM yep...that's pink.  That's fuchsia.  This is what I call Barbie Pink! lol.  I wouldn't have probably picked out this colour for myself...but you know what??? I'm pleasantly surprised that I really like it. ;)

Here is a first peek.  It's definitely Barbie Pink. :) WARNING!  Photos ahead are taken with a cell phone!lol

Some better shots. You know...so you can look up my big nose. ;) Anyhow, I really *love* this colour.... but I think I'll just reserve it for summer! :)  Especially, since I become even paler in winter than I am here lol.  You can however see, that the colour does apply like a dream!

What do you think?  It's not a colour I would wear everyday...but with the right outfit I think it could be totally fun!  I have this great shirt that is striped and it's kind of sewn haphazard and I think it went great.  No one even gave me weird looks. ;)

So, what are your thoughts on some of these products?  Would you wear a colour this bold on your lips?  I say why not..have fun! :)

XO
~A

24 comments:

  1. pink and sparkles does make me very happy! The pink looks great and suits you well, but i don't think it'd be the right colour for me (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's not something I can pull off with just everyday. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love the pink! It looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasmine!!! I'm in love with the mandarin colour now...eek!

      Delete
  3. I know how you feel. I bought a REvlon Kissable lipstain in Sweetheart and it is a wicked pink. When I got it home I was asking myself what I was thinking but I did wear it and it actually looked good on me. We just gotta embrace our inner Diva! LOL
    That fucshia looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! Embrace our inner diva!!! I wish I actually allowed myself to feel this way when I was younger...why am I getting bolder as I get older. :P Thank you!

      Delete
  4. These kind of pinks are my favorite..Someone a beauty expert said woman over 35 shouldnt wear pink on their lips..I say frig off..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whhhhhhat?!?!? Over 35 shouldn't wear pink...pssshaw! I think women should wear what they want WHEN they want! Sheesh.

      Delete
  5. I agree about the Annabelle liner I bought two of them a few years back as they were on sale I think for 3$ each and I went to use them I think maybe a month later and they were all dried up and crunchy .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, I'm kinda po'd that I spent my money on it. Oh well..live and learn, right?

      Delete
  6. this color looks so good on you.I,too,love to shop for pink and glittery things for no reason :-D you look so pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I think it's the girly side of us. ;)

      Delete
  7. I love the lipstick! That's a great color on you! I usually keep my makeup pretty simple, so I feel like lipstick makes me look weird. I might try that brand though! Do they have any nude-ish colors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely outside the box for me! I didn't start wearing lipstick until last year and I basically felt the same way...like everyone was looking at me funny or something. :) Now, I just have fun with it. YES!! They have a whole line of nudes! :)

      Delete
  8. Lol! I liked looking up your nose. :) The lipstick is beautiful! I haven't tried that line, but now I MUST! That sucks that the Annabelle product dried out. Can you email them and complain? Maybe they'll send you a gift or a coupon or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I thought of trying to cut that part out, but eh! The ColorSensational line has tons of colours, so I'm sure you'll find something you love! :) I thought about emailing them, but at this point..meh.. I just don't companies care enough.

      Delete
  9. There's a little town in Ontario called Selkirk as well! We go camping there in the summer. Love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that! Selkirk must be a pretty popular name. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  10. The Colour suits you <3
    im sad, cause we asians dont get these sort of colours:-(
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wonder why you don't get colours like this? What do you get mostly?

      Delete
  11. Love that colour! I like a bold, pink lip sometimes myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it definitely gives you a little extra oomph in your step! ;)

      Delete
  12. I am loving the glitter. I might go out and buy Fuchsia Fever because I love bright pink shades. Great post. New follower here as well!

    http://www.hautedare.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's an amazing colour! I bet it would look fantastic on you! Thank you for following!

      Delete