Thursday, January 10, 2013

Beauty Box 5 - December Edition

So December's Beauty Box 5 was so much fun!! I gasped when I opened it! This is probably one of the most fun boxes I receive because of the wide range of products that come, often lesser known but always fabulous! It is a US based company and it costs $12 shipped to both Canadian and US destinations. Lucky us, right?!

The box is small, but good things come in small packages.  They include a product card and this month it was like an actual Christmas card.

 This is the cute message on the left side of the card and on the right was the product list.

Demeter Roll On Perfume Oil in Cherry Blossom. Full size .29 oz valued at $10.00

This is a really neat product. The company is new to me.  Being an oil, it's highly scented.  You don't really need a lot for there to be a scent payoff.  With these types of scents, I usually put on a little before I go to bed on my wrists or behind my ears...the familiar scents help me sleep.  Apparently, you can find these in Canada in Superstore.  I'm so shocked about that!  I am curious to see how some of the other scents smell! Totally random, but my husband calls me Demeter for personal reasons.  It's an interesting Greek Myth! The website is SOO tempting!

WEBSITE: Demeter

MaskerAide Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask. Full size 1 sheet valued at $4.99.

I'm actually happy receiving one of these masks.  I previously received it in a TopBox and it was fun to use.  I'm happy that I got a different one this time.  However, the pictures on the packaging are supposed to be cute but are super creepy to me. lol.  Oh, and who puts on mascara while wearing a mask? haha All, that aside these are really fun and I think this one will be more useful to me than the last one I got which was the "All Nighter" one to use in the morning. Who has time for that?! ;)

WEBSITE: MaskerAide

Jean Pierre Cosmetics Exfoilating Facial Cleansing Pads. Full size 16 pads valued at $1.99.

This is another company that I haven't heard of. This has one of those stickers you peel off and reseal to take your cloth out... I love that type of packaging!  it easily removes dead skin cells, deep cleans down to the pores and leaves skin silky smooth.  They are alcohol free and contain microbeads.  These also double duty as a makeup remover.  I'm actually quite excited to try these.  While browsing their website, I don't think these are going to be readily available anywhere in Canada. :(

WEBSITE: Jean Pierre Cosmetics

Everyday Minerals Flat Top Brush. Brush valued at $12.99.

I first learned about Bare Minerals when I received a Bare Minerals blush in one of my past BB5.  I really enjoyed and have tons of their eyeshadows now.  They have a really nice product.  I've never tried their brushes before, so I'm really looking forward to it.  I think this brush would be perfect for applying liquid foundation!  It's good for powder or liquid.  It's so incredibly soft that I'm almost afraid to use it! This is how I expect my brushes to feel, not like the elf brushes. blech.

The Bare Minerals brush is currently on sale for $8.45 HERE.

WEBSITE: Everyday Minerals

Here is a closeup of the bristles... *swoon*

OFRA Cosmetics 3D Eye Shadow in Diamond Glitz. Full size is 4g valued at $19.90.

Wow, I couldn't believe the size of this eyeshadow!  This product is so unique to anything I have.  I'm super excited to try it and play around with it.  Admittedly, I am also really scared!  It's like nothing I've ever tried before.  It's a multi-tonal, pigment packed shadow that can be used wet or dry.  There are three different colour pearls that gives it a 3D effect. Their site is full of gorgeous stuff and I'm so petrified to just fall in love with everything! :)

WEBSITE: OFRA Cosmetics

Here is the container from the bottom, where you can see some of the green glitz.  Even seeing this, I wasn't prepared for what was to come!

I forgot to take a photo of the inside, but it has a sifter that you can turn closed, which is awesome.  So, of course when I tapped some out, they came in little pellets.  Can you see the green shimmer!  I get totally excited just looking at this picture!

Here it is all spread out. I took a couple pictures in different lighting to give you a good idea of what this product does! A little goes a LONG way!

Another pic, in different lighting! OOOOHHH AHHHH, right?!?!

I just wanted to show you the inside of the lid. The really green pigments have stuck to it and you can get a really good idea of the shimmery colour!

This is the whole box! I just adored it! I loved  the great variety of products. The total value of the December box is $49.87! I think this has got to be my favourite box from BB5 yet, they did a great job! Did you get one? What did you think?

BB5 has really been growing and listening to it's customers.  It's such a fun box to get in the mail!  If you are interested in signing up, please feel free to use my link HERE.

Friday can't come soon enough for me this week!!  Are you looking forward to it?

XO
~A

16 comments:

  1. This was an excellent box! You got great pictures of the shadow - really shows the effect it can make. I laughed with what you said about the mask picture; it's true, kind of odd to be putting on makeup when you're cleansing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this box! I was surprised myself that I got good pictures, because glitter polishes are soo hard to capture. Maybe, I should be using a tripod...because holding my heavy camera with one hand is not as easy as I make it look. :P Yes, that pic is hilarious! :P

      Delete
  2. Love this. I really liked the items in this particular box. The exfoliating bead wipes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Were you able to find any location in Canada that sells the wipes?

      Delete
  3. Mine was the exact same as yours! I was so happy with everything that they included, plus it was great that all products were full size! The Ofra shadow really is unique, I would love to try more of their products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for the most part the boxes are the same, aside from scents/colours. I really like that...one of the reasons I don't like topbox because the value can be all over the board. Same as Loose Button. I would LOVE more Ofra products, but they are super expensive! I'd love to be able to test some others before committing!

      Delete
  4. I love the brush, mask and eye shadow we received in these boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe did you check out the rest of Demeter's range of perfume?? it's astonishing the amount and type of scents they have!

    i really loved December's box too! so many goodies!! the brush is so very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was impressed on the website! I don't know why I had to be born beautiful instead of rich! haha

      <3 the brush! The Everyday Minerals makeup is really good too!

      Delete
  6. I Loved, loved, loved this box! So many great and not to mention full sized items! BB5 is definitely an undiscovered gem in the beauty box world. They are still under the radar I think, but I have enjoyed each of the boxes. I subbed for a year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree...it blew me away! I've been receiving their boxes since the second one...and I guess it's pretty much coming up on that anniversary soon, right?!

      Delete
  7. LOL, the girls on the Maskeraide masks are creepy! I was just thinking that today too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol hilarious that someone else thinks this way. :)

      Delete