Sunday, November 4, 2012

Lancome Overdose!

Hi ladies!! I hope you all had a good weekend and enjoyed that extra hour of sleep. It sure is dark out early now..boo! I want to share with you my Shopper's Drug Mart Beauty Boutique haul from Saturday.  Lancome is having a gift with purchase and purchase with purchase promotion right now..and it's a good one so I had to go spend money. *sigh* ;)  I managed to snag nearly 40 000 points with my coupons and promotions..woot!

***WARNING SUPER DUPER PICTURE HEAVY*** I'll try to keep the posting at a minimum!

Here is my haul, which doesn't look too big, eh? :)

I picked up a box of John Frieda Precision Foam Colour.  I had a GC to get one free, so I didn't want it to go to waste. I've tried this system before and it's pretty good.  I'll do a review on it when I get to this box.

I only purchased two things.  This is the first.  It's a Lancome Colour Design palette.  They have a display of 16 of these at Shopper's and they are all SO delicious I had a hard time choosing.  I know I'll have to pick up a couple more.  I think I played it pretty safe with this one, but I'll go a bit bolder next time.  These are pretty pricey at $54 each!! EEEK.  If you're interested in seeing the selection click HERE but be warned the photos don't do them justice!

The colour I picked up was Pink Envy 201.

I love that the back of the packaging breaks down the colours for you.

"Five simple steps to contour, sculpt and brighten the eyes.  From day to night, soft to dramatic, customize your perfect eye look.  Experience the newest generation of silky luster powders for smooth application and pure, luminous colour.  8 hour wear does not crease. Colour does not fade and stays radiant."

There is a sheet of plastic overtop, identical to the picture on the back of the box.  It tells you the order to use them in and what part of the eye.

I managed to drop it as I took a picture lol, so there's a scratch in the top one.  But, I just want to point out how incredibly gorgeous that top colour is with the gold shimmer in it!!! EEEK..I just love shimmer and shine and this palette was made for me!

This is the large square #2 for the lid:

Here the colours from left to right are #5 liner, #4 highlighter, #3 crease and #1 all over base:

Here they are swatched in order #5, #4, #3, #2, #1. I wish I could get better pictures, but hope this gives you a good idea!

Next, is the second item I purchased. This box set was a purchase with purchase.  If you spend $35 you can get this kit for $65. I chose the kit in Smokey Plum.  They also have another kit that is Sparkling Champagne.

These are all full sized items and the kit is valued at $281!!

Inside the box is this awesome cosmetic travel bag.  It's about 12"x9"x5". Inside it's a true red satin like fabric.  It looks just like a vintage train case down to the little elasticized back pocket.  Super cute!

Inside is also a little pamphlet on how to create a makeup look using this kit.

1. Defencils High Definition Mascara in black.

2. Colour Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow in Silver Twilight. This one is a shimmer. I'd say this is a purpley silver.

I just love how the case opens by sliding out. Cute, right?

Here is a swatch:

3. Colour Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow in Sultry Violet. This one is a metallic.

Here is the swatch:

4. Colour Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow in Nude Silk.  This one is a matte.

Here is a swatch:

Here are the swatches on my wrist.  Sorry it's not the best!  Nude Silk, Sultry Violet, Silver Twilight.

5. Le Crayon Khol eyeliner pencil in Black Ebony.  This thing is HUGE.  It's probably the biggest liner I've ever seen.

I really wasn't expecting much from this pencil. I'm always skeptical with pencils. lol.  This gave a perfect clean line, very dark and didn't smudge. I can't wait to try this on my eye!

6. Colour Design Sensational Effects Lipcolour in Fashion Icon.  This is a metallic.

This is the size of the lipstick.  Regular full size case.

Look at this colour, so gorgeous and sparkly...I was terrified, not my norm!

Here it is swatched.  Obviously, I need to use a liner to not make a mess of myself.  I think I actually like it!  It's on trend but not quite as dark!

7. Colour Design Sensational Effects Lipcolour in Delicate Orchid.

Here is the colour, a rosey nude.

I love this colour, it's perfect for everyday!

8. Juicy Tubes Ultra Shiny Lipgloss in Magic Spell.

This is a gorgeous, high shine colour.  It's not sticky at all.  As a matter of fact, I'm not obsessed with the Juicy Tubes so I'll eventually pick up more colours at Shoppers! Bolole, Miracle and Raspberry Ice are the ones I'd like to get.  They retail for $22 each.

Here is the swatch:

9. Juicy Tubes Ultra Shiny Lip Gloss in Fruity Pop.

Here is the swatch. I am *so* in love with this colour... I wish I could get a better picture..but I think you can see the iridescent shimmer.  My gosh, this is SO pretty in natural lighting!

I love it so much, I had to give you another angle!

10. Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Makeup Remover.  Yay, I have several mini bottles (50mL) but now I have the full size.  IMO, it's one of the best eye makeup removers on the market!

11. Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate. It says to use daily under your skin care routine.  It has a dropper and my Shoppers girl said you only need a couple drops.

Lastly, there were 2 brushes.  I love that even those had the logo on it.  Gives it that special touch.

12. All Over Shadow Brush.  I *love* when companies write what the brush is right on it!

Here is the closeup.  It looks pretty big even for an all over shadow brush! It's incredibly soft.

13. Liner Brush. It's very nice and soft. Although, a little on the large side as well.

Closeup:

Here is the whole kit. Amazing!!! I am beyond impressed and excited. It's an excellent deal.  You may even have a good rapport with your Shoppers Beauty Advisor and they'll let you purchase this without doing a $35 purchase.  My girl will if I ask and sometimes she just tells me. ;)

Next, the freebie!! This was a gift with purchase!  It all came in this cute little bag.  The bag and the contents vary slightly from what it shows on the website, but I'm okay with that.

The value of this bag is $188! Let's see what's inside...

1.  Bi Facil Double Action Makeup Remover. 50mL.

2. Bienfait Multi-Vital High Potency Daily Moisturizing Cream.  SPF 30 sunscreen. 15g.

3. Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector for pores, wrinkles, unevenness. 7mL.

4. Hypnose Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara in Excessive Black.  4mL.  Love the colour name!

5. Colour Design Sensations Effects Lipstick in Natural Beauty. This is a cream.

A very nice light nude, perfect for everyday wear.

Here is the swatch, I adore it..it's so perfect. *I'm SO sorry about the hair, I hope it doesn't gross you out! lol

6. Colour Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow.

Here are the colours.  Very universal, I think they would work for anyone. Colour clockwise from left: Daylight (matte), Off the Rack (metallic), Ciel Du Soir (matte), Sultry Mauve (matte).

Swatches L to R: Ciel du Soir, Sultry Mauve, Daylight, Off the Rack.

Swatches on arm (obviously upper arm lol..sorry about the "grass"). L to R: Off the Rack, Daylight, Sultry Mauve, Ciel du Soir.

Here is the whole lot.  Yay for free goodies! :)

Here is another freebie I picked up.  It's a Clarins Intense Hydration Program Kit.

Inside the box is a 5mL bottle of HydraQuench Cream, a 5mL bottle of HydraQuench Cream Mask and a 3mL bottle of Multi-Active Skin Renewal Serum with Youth Boost. There is also a card for a sample of the extra firming night cream!  I'm super excited to try this stuff!

*phew* If you got through this, thank you!! This post has been a work in progress throughout the whole day! lol.  What do you think?  Are you going to check this promotion out?  It runs until November 17th!

Wishing you a wonderful work week ahead!

XO
~A

18 comments:

  1. I love the colour of the lipstick with the free purchase more than the one from the kit.. I'm so excited you got it!! i may have to run and get something too.. i also adore the eye makeup remover..!! i swear by it and recommend it to everyone ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very nice nude! Sorry about the hair lol. Go get it..you *only* need to spend $35 ;)

      Delete
  2. I remember getting the GWPP from TWO years ago with all that stuff and I am STILL working through it! Great haul though. I can't believe you got the Clarins set for free too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couple that with 100 sub boxes, sephora orders etc etc..yeh, you can open a shop. ;) Just as your SDM girls for freebies....they have stuff hidden all over the place lol

      Delete
  3. Very nice haul! That's a whole lot of stuff. I love that second lipstick from the first kit, the rosey nudey one, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh that first palette is so beautiful and sparkly, perfect for the holidays:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that's exactly what I thought! I can't wait to try it out!

      Delete
  5. Okay, I am definitely checking out this promo.. absolutely love the kit that you got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really must! Great deal. I was blown away!

      Delete
  6. holy goodies! the Delicate Orchid lipstick looks especially pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh woah such a huge haul!lovely things in it

    Bea =)
    dailylivingingeneva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I loved it..and all for so little compared to what I could have payed! Gotta love that!

      Delete
  8. The Pink envy Palette is soooo pretty!! Love all the good quality pics, we need more blogs like that! Nothing worse than blurry pics :D
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous..you should see some of the other ones they have...seriously if they weren't $50 each I'd have them all already. :P Thank you! I try my best..I'm not a photographer but I'm pretty picky about that! :)

      Delete
  9. I want every thing in this haul! But if I buy anymore makeup I think my boyfriend will have a heart attack! And I don't want that to happen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.. I think at this point *I'm* going to have a heart attack with how much I have. :/ I can't seem to cut myself off!!! ARGH!

      Delete