Friday, October 19, 2012

BH Cosmetics Blush and Brushes

Going back in time here!  I feel really good about getting caught up on my posts.  Today, I'm going to share with you a purchase I made at BH Cosmetics in July.  I picked up the 10 colour blush palette and the 15 piece wild purple makeup brush set.  Keep in mind when they ship to Canada, to stay within the $9.00 shipping. You can only purchase 2 palettes (Plus as many other additional products) without shipping going up.  In the case of these brush sets they ship like a palette.  Basically, if I added another palette my shipping would have gone up to $17. Clear as mud?  Sorry..it's one of those days...hope that makes sense!

Here is the palette.  So lovely! Each pot is nearly 1 1/2 inches in diameter.  You can see that there is a lot to play with for many different looks and different seasons.

I payed $10.17 and the regular price is $16.95. Now on for $9.99 HERE.

The top left is more of a bronzer, the top right is a very pale colour and sort of reminds me of Benefit's Dandelion.  It would be good for a bit of an all over the face glow.  The bottom left is a barbie pink, so be light handed! The bottom right is a peachy tones and is my favourite in the palette.

The next two are both shimmery.  I *love* shimmer and shine!  I think I'll even use shimmer when I'm 80! The top colour is a light barbie pink which blends out beautifully with lots of gorgeous fine shimmer.  The bottom colour is a gorgeous shimmer coral.  Another one you have to be light handed with but SO gorgeous.  I think it would look especially gorgeous on dark skin tones.

The last 4 in the palette includes one more shimmer.  The top left is a very nice light wearable pink, another favourite of mine. The top right is a very pale pinky beige. Hard to tell in the pink..but again, super wearable for everyday even with the shimmer! The bottom left looks scary here, it's not actually neon purple lol. Look at the above picture of the whole palette for a better representation.  It's a fuschia colour. Very bright, tons of pigment but with a *very* light hand it would be great on light skin as well! The final colour is a taupey coral if that makes sense. It's a perfect colour for fall, or if you layer it a nice light bronzer.

The other item I picked up instead of a palette was the 15 piece wild purple makeup brush set in a rollup. I chose this instead of another palette because, well..I have almost all their palettes, I love their brushes and this was on for a great price! I most likely won't be keeping it in the rollup because that would be a pain every morning looking for a brush.  I am looking for something nice to store all my brushes in now, since I have a large collection.

I payed $17.97 and the regular price is $29.95. Now on for $18.00 HERE.

Here is how it looks unrolled! I fell in love with the purple. The downfall of these brushes, and the only one in my opinion is they didn't mark what the brushes are for.  Not a huge deal...but would be kind of nice.  Sometimes when you stare at brushes too long they start to blend. haha. There's my joke for the month. :P

Now a few quick closeups: Mascara brush (we all have a hundred of these!), a spoolie (perfect for eyebrows after penciling some in for a more natural look), a fan brush (which I've wanted forever!), an skinny liner brush, a foam shadow applicator (yawn! probably won't be used) and a lip brush.

There's the lip brush, then an angled liner brush, a flat eye shadow brush, small flat eye shadow brush and a blending brush.

Finally, a smudge brush, an angled blending brush, an angled blush brush, a highlighter brush and a blush brush.

This is how the brushes look.  They are synthetic and good quality handle.  The fibres are ultra soft and very nice quality!

I just wanted to show you the nice size of these brushes..they're huge! Love them!

There you have it.  I'm super pleased with both these purchases.  I got a ton of great quality brushes for the price of one Quo brush.  I would definitely repurchase any of these items.  The only negative I had was the rollup came smelling like rotten fish.  It was overpowering.  I let it sit out opened for a week and it took most of the scent away. Now it mostly smells like ultra cheap leather.  The scent isn't on the brushes and I won't be keeping the case to store them anyways.

It's the weekend!
YAY
~A

16 comments:

  1. i really want these brushes and blushes! ive put this blush set in my cart on coastal scents hundreds of times but never went through with actually buying it! great review!!!

    :)chelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, the quality for the price is definitely there!

      Delete
  2. Lovely blushes! Such a nice variety:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost bought that brush set too. Love purple. I like my Coastal Scents brushes. Very good for the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love purple too! I suspect that Coastal Scents and BH Cosmetics products are very similar in quality. I think they use the same supplier.

      Delete
  4. I love the palette - I think I'm on a palette binge right now and that's a really pretty one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean...I hate to admit that I have almost all the palettes on BH Cosmetics now. They just have such great sales!

      Delete
  5. Love this pelette! <3 The colors look amazing! I'll definitely have to check it out! :))

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's great to have so many blush looks! Let me know if you get it! :D

      Delete
  6. Love the palette !! I actually have it ^_^ So debating on the brushes for months now i need some more eeek!!! <3
    Steps To Perfection...With Romanianbutterfly206

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so happy you have it! Do you use it often? Get the brushes, you must! <3

      Delete
  7. thank you for sharing.I love the way you always mention the use of brushes in detail using pictures.I have learned a lot form your blog.I think i will buy this collection of brushes.been meaning to for a long time.great post as always. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, this means so much to me!!! Thank you for coming by my blog, your comments and support is so appreciated, dear! I think this is a very good collection for a great price!

      Delete
  8. Oh wow I love everything, the blushes look gorgeous! And the brushes look pretty decent, aside from the 'fishy' roll ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yes, the roll really stunk! :P It's fine now, but I don't use it. I prefer to have my brushes out in the open. ;) The blushes are amazing!

      Delete