Monday, July 9, 2012

NOTD Monday - Julep Kelly

This weekend I sported a really fun look!  Classy and girly. :)  I kind of tried it on a whim on Thursday evening and it's held up really well.  3 days in and I can definitely go another, maybe 2!  It was so fun to create this.  I used Julep - Kelly.  

I had some trouble with the consistency. It was drying really fast, yet pooling at the cuticles.  I couldn't get the right amount on the brush to make it work..if it was a little bit it would dry right up and leave "pull marks" if it was too much it would pool.  In the end, I ended up with lots of bubbles. I'm really disappointed with that. I added 2 of Juleps top coats and the bubbles were MUCH less visible.  I know you can see them in the closeup, but you would never notice it unless you did a close inspection of my nail.  I'll give it another try when I'm not trying to rush because it's late and I"m trying to make sure my nails dry before I get to bed. ;)

 This is a really accurate representation of the colour.  SO pretty!  To recreate this look, you just freehand the white tip, it doesn't have to be perfect.  The line of silver is just a little bottle of Stickles glitter glue from my stash of neglected scrapbooking supplies.  I *LOVE* this look.  I have about 40 bottles of Stickles to play with and 10 bottles of perfect pearls and another 10 bottles of distress glitter!
 This is a stock picture from their site, pretty close (but much lighter) to what the shade looks like.
What do you think? :)

XO
~A

12 comments:

  1. Very cute design, I love the glitter lining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bardzo piękna robota, skrupulatna wręcz jak u złotnika. Zawsze zapraszam do siebie
    BLOG O PROJEKTOWANIU MODY itp... http://www.zapalov.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nie jest perfekt, ale lubie. :) Dzienkuje! Bardzo lubie twoj blog!

      Delete
  3. so the whole world. if you want you can take part :) Regards and great nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nie wiem czy je znam. Zdjęcia które daje teraz na blogu są z Czarnogóry nie ze świdnicy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow -- you did a really excellent job! i'm really crap and doing my nails, so i don't even attempt to do them. ha ha! i'm always jealous of bloggers like you who have pretty nails.

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but really..this is embarrasing compared to what some of the ladies do with their nails lol. :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It's very easy..because you don't need to be perfect! :)

      Delete