Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Monthly Subscription - Beauty Box 5

I am bringing to you the unboxing of my Beautybox 5 box! I actually got it last week but, I've started a new career with a steep learning curve so it's taking me some time to get to my posts!

Beautybox 5 is actually an American sample box that ships to Canada. It's actually the only one I'm aware of that does ship to Canada. How awesome is that? I'm hoping that this will have some different things in it that you wouldn't get in the Canadian boxes! This is my first box and the 2nd one since it's inception. It's $12 a month or $10 a month if you sign up for 3 months or $100 if you sign up for 12 months. The last deal is a pretty sweet deal! It's $44 savings.

So, this is what the box looks like. I kinda went all vulture on it trying to get in as fast as I could. ;)
I was actually surprised at how small the box was. Here is BB5 sitting on top of a Glossybox.

Here is another view that shows it's about 1/2 the size of Glossybox. This had me wondering what could possibly fit into this box!

This is what it looked like inside. All tied up in a little organza bag. This wasn't really a huge deal for me. I did notice it didn't have a product/info card, which I wish it did. However, the products were pretty self-explanatory. It did have all the crinkly paper as the other boxes do.

This is what all the contents look like:

1. "Priti NYC's Soy Nail Polish Remover Wipes are 100% biodegradable. They are non-toxic, non-carcinogenic, and contain no petroleum ingredients. Derived from farm crops and infused with organic lemongrass essential oil." 10 wipes for $10. Sample size value $1.


I'm excited to try this nail polish remover. I don't know if I'd be willing to buy it for a 10 time use. The wipe is 12.7cm x 10.16cm (5"x4") and 1 is supposed to manage all your nails. I try and change nail polish twice a week so it's not something that would be very cost effective for me. Of course, my opinions change if something blows me out of the water!

2. "Get a natural-looking tan with Comodyne's Self-Tanning Towelettes - no salon appointment required! In just three hours, you'll have an even, clean tan with no side effects or streaking. Their special formula contains a moisturizing complex to keep skin feeling soft without artificial aromas or parabens. While the tan tone depends on your individual skin type, the self-tanning towelettes adapt to provide natural results for both fair and dark skin types." 8 pack $17. Sample size value $2.13.

I'm not gonna lie here. I'm *terrified* to try self tanning products. If the stars can't get it right, how will I?! I envision horrible streaks making me look like an orange candy cane. That said, after reading the description above. I will at some point brave the product and give it a try. That's why I signed up for this service, right?

3. "Our skin is too important to be left in the care of artificial ingredients. The all-natural Iris Hydrating Day Cream from Weleda is a nutrient-intensive treatment that works with your skin's own moisture. Put your best face forward with the help of Biodynamic iris root extract, which draws natural moisture to the surface, hydrating your skin evenly. The versatile organic shea butter wraps fatty acids, carotene and vitamins A, E and F in one skin-strengthening package. Finally, organic cocoa seed butter nourishes skin into a touchable state. Iris Hydrating Day Cream pampers your dermis naturally, giving you that early-morning look all day. Discover the all-natural way to give your skin beauty and strength."

30 mL (1 oz) $20. Sample size value approx. $3.33.

It's a daycream. It's important I'll try it. I would have preferred to be able to wait to use it since I just started a new full size container of my current product...and I don't like constantly switching back and forth. I think for the rest of the month I will...and hopefully be able to use it up. It actually has an expiry date of 04/2012. I'm not sure if this was an oversight on BB5's part.

4. The night cream description is basically the same as the day cream. My opinions are the same as the above, sadly the expiry date is also for this April. 30 mL (1 oz) $21.00. Sample size value approx. 3.50.

5. "Give your skin a fresh start every day with pūr~delicate from pūr~lisse. Their special blend of soy milk, soy proteins, white tea and whole oat leaves your skin caressably smooth without removing natural oils. pūr~delicate will soothe your skin, not irritate it. Soap-free and non-foaming, pūr~delicate is strong enough to remove dirt and makeup, yet gentle enough to preserve and enhance your skin's natural beauty." 166 mL (5.6 oz) $36. Sample size value approx. $10.93.

These seems like a really nice product. It has a nice light scent and I like that it's dual purpose. A cleanser and a makeup remover! I can't wait to try this one. My current eyemakeup remover, although natural has aloe, which makes my eyes burn a bit. It's a really nice size sample!

5. "For true color and easy application, look no further than Lavera's Silver Trend Eyeliner. Organic beeswax and palm oil gives eyes smooth texture without any irritation. All shades are completely mineral-based, instantly giving your eyes that natural, striking look." 1 eyeliner $10.80. Sample size value = full size!

I'm happy to get a makeup item. I'm *really* happy the eyeliner is brown. A really nice brown, too! I have actually made the switch to gel liners and applying them with a brush because it's one thing I'm really not any good at. However, since I've had more practice because of using gel I'm a little more confident in trying a pencil liner again.

Here are some quick swatches. A fine line, a thicker line and a smudged line. Just to note I rubbed it 5 minutes later and there was minimal colour fading, but it didn't budge. I even wet my finger and smudged gently and just some colour fading but no smudging. I'll be trying this soon, hopefully. ;)



Total value of March's BB5 is approximately $31.69.


Well, there you have it! That's my first Beauty Box 5! If you're interested in signing up the link will take you to the page with my referral link! Have a great night!


~A

6 comments:

  1. Hey ! Apparently the weleda creams dont expire till the the end of this month according to BB5 ! I asked about it and that was the answer i got ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still a little weird to get stuff that's expiring right away. When you're signed up for 5 or 6 boxes, you don't get to using everything right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! i used your link to sign up :) so last minute again, i know! i am not even sure if i signed up in time (according to my calculations, there may be a half hour window left!) to get the April box. haha guess we will see. thanks again for letting me know about this company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen! :) I hope you enjoy it. I think you did make it in time. I must say their customer service is EXCELLENT. I'm sure if you emailed them they would let you know for sure!

      Delete
  4. I'm also a subscription box addict, I just love when they come! I'm a jewelry designer and have just launched a box!

    Check out another monthly subscription box - Lucid Box - it's jewelry for only $26/month!

    monthly jewelry subscription box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that site yours? Or did you launch a different box? That jewelry looks amazing..but sadly don't ship to Canada. :`( Off to check out your blog!

      Delete